Vuya Timbavati River Camp Walking Safari is a special experience where modern luxury and the timeless magic of the African wild intersect.
Where will we walk?
Our River Camp Walking Safari gives you the chance to explore the Western area of the renowned Timbavati Private Nature Reserve. The Timbavati has open boundaries with surrounding reserves including Kruger National Park. The region is famous for its plentiful, diverse animal populations and the opportunity for amazing Big Five encounters.
Where will we stay?
Walkers River Camp is situated on the bank of the perennial Klaserie River and forms the exclusive, secure home base for your Vuya Timbavati River Camp safari trip.
The private camp hosts a maximum of eight guests in thatched suites that overlook a lush garden, surrounded by an unobtrusive electric fence. Each en-suite rondavel is well equipped with air conditioning and electric blankets, offering exceptional comfort all year round.
Afternoons at Walkers River Camp are spent cooling off in the large pool while admiring the spectacular views, or relaxing in the comfortable central lounge, bar and dining area. Evenings are often enjoyed in the outdoor boma, gathered around a flickering fire.
- 5 private suites available (but maximum of 8 guests allowed by Timbavati rule)
- 3 rooms with king-sized bed, bath and double outdoor shower
- 1 room with 2 single beds, bath and double outdoor shower
- 1 family room with 1 king-sized bed, 2 single beds and shower only
- Fans, air conditioning, mosquito nets and heated under-blankets in each guest room
- All linen, towels (bath and swimming) and bathroom soaps provided
- Swimming pool with views of the river
- Boma with campfire
- Comfortable lounge and dining common area with fireplace, books and games
- Free Wi-Fi in lounge area
- Large sleeper wood bar
- Nespresso coffee machine (pods required)
- Electric fencing around property
Walkers River Camp is located in the Western region of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, in Mpumalanga Province. The camp is just over a 5 hour drive from Johannesburg, 2 hours 30 minutes from Nelspruit Airport and a mere 15 minutes from Eastgate (Hoedspruit) Airport.